When I first started meditation, it was on and off with no regularity or consistency. I just did it on the spur of the moment. But then, life went astray in between and that is when I took meditation seriously and started doing it religiously.
Before I tell you the 3 Meditation Techniques, I would like to put forth a few points which will help you in your process of transformation via meditation –
- Choose a time for your meditation and follow that time. Mornings are better, but if you don’t have time in the morning do it in the evening or night. But keep one specific time for it. Follow this schedule.
- Don’t expect overnight results. Be patient. Instead of starting meditation with a bunch full of expectations, keep it simple. Do it because you feel good doing it.
- Thoughts will be there always. Instead of forcing them out, acknowledge the thoughts and move on. The perspective that one should have a ‘thoughtless’ meditation ruins the experience. It takes time and practice till we reach to that stage. So don’t beat up yourself if your meditation is accompanied by thoughts.
- Don’t give up soon. Continue the practice and you will notice the difference. Stay put 🙂
So here are the 3 Meditations which you can do within 15 minutes and witness your own transformation –
#1 Simple Counting Meditation
When I first thought of serious meditation, I began with this simple meditation technique. Ro Ferrelli who is an intuitive personal coach had mentioned about this meditation in one of her Vlogs and I thought let’s start with it. It is the simplest of all the meditations and can be timed as per your convenience – 5 minutes, 10 minutes etc. Here is a video demonstrating this meditation technique –
#2 Chakra Meditation
This meditation is to strengthen the 7 chakras in our body which are associated with a lot of things happening in our life. I was told I have energy blockages in one of the readings and I was fortunate enough to get in touch with Mr. Ajay Jadhav during this time frame. Mr. Ajay Jadhav is a versatile healer and much more than that as a human being. He taught me this chakra meditation and it has been 2 months now that I have been doing this meditation every single morning.
This meditation helps you clear the energy blockages in your body, thereby strengthening the chakras. You need to take deep breaths and chant the respective beej mantra while exhaling –
- Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for Muladhar Chakra situated at the end of your spinal cord in the back.
- Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for Indriya Chakra situated about two inches below the navel and two inches in.
- Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for Nabhi Chakra situated at your navel.
- Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for Hriday Chakra situated at your left breast.
- Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for Kantha Chakra situated at your throat.
- Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for Adnya Chakra situated at your third eye.
- Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for Sahastrar Chakra situated at the very top of the head.
Give it a try and see what difference it brings in your life.
#3 Kirtan Kriya Meditation
I love this one! Started doing it since this Monday. I saw one of Ro’s live videos where she mentioned about manifesting a TEDX talk through this meditation. At that time, I did not pay much attention to it. Later again in one of her Instagram videos I heard this ‘Sa Ta Na Ma’ playing in rhythmic music. It was so enchanting. I was so attracted to that music and the words. I didn’t realize that I had started humming those words unconsciously in my mind in that rhythm ever since. It was as if this was my calling. How much ever cliched it sounds, but yes I felt the ‘calling’. And thus I got hooked to this one. It is a Kundalini Yoga meditation and takes just 11 minutes! I am in love with this mediation currently 🙂
Here is a video explaining beautifully and aptly on how to do this 11 minute meditation –
Soulful music and words, right?
I am hooked to the last two meditations currently and they occupy my mornings. I do my meditations without expectations today. I just indulge in them to simply soak in the peace.
If you need help in any of these meditation methods listed here, please feel free to get in touch with me. I will be more than happy to help 🙂
Which meditation will you try today?